Today a fellow blogger has nominated me for The Liebster Award. Thank you Fearsome Beard for the nomination. https://fearsomebeard.wordpress.com
Most bloggers, at some point, have heard of the very coveted Liebster award, unless you are a newbie!
This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. But then again I wonder is there a World outside of the Internet?
The origin is German – the word “liebster” has several meanings: dearest, nicest, endearing. The German word for Love is Liebe.
There have been some poor souls who have been nominated, yet refused to accept it, and now their blogs have been abandoned, oh dear!
Other lesser awards include “One Lovely Blog Award, the “Sunshine Blog Award” and the “Flexible Writer Award”.
It is said that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. In the digital world of the internet, this seems like a nice gesture. You can see this award as similar to a book award like The Booker Prize, the American Academy of Arts and Letters Gold Medal in Drama, the Aga Khan Prize for Fiction. You see what I mean.
Some rules about the Award
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & Paste the award to your blog.
4. Nominate 7 blogs to receive the award who have less than 6000 followers.
5. Inform them of their nomination by leaving comment on their blog.
Here are the 7 blogs I nominate for the Liebster Award, all are well worth a read, they are well written and each blogger puts a lot of effort in preparing their posts. I really enjoy them, am sure you will too.
1. Stephen in them hills, http://sooo-this-is-me.blogspot.ca
2. Jason in Fredericton, http://jason-scotchreviews.blogspot.ca
3. Will by the Canal, https://willyorwonthe.wordpress.com
4. Michael in the Wilderness, https://sporeflections.wordpress.com
5. David by the Thames, http://davidnice.blogspot.ca
6. Brett South of the Border, http://ocanadablog.com/about/
7. Mitchell on the Beach, http://mitchellismoving.blogspot.ca