Without comments a wonderful blog entry by Will.
He first appeared in one of the forty-five poems in A. A. Milne’s When We Were Very Young in 1924, but on October 13, 1926 one of the most beloved bears of childhood – and for some of us adulthood – came into his own when Winnie-the-Pooh was published. The Bear of Little Brain was to appear again two years later in The House at Pooh Corner (1928) and in eleven of the poems in Now We Are Six (1927).
Christopher Robin’s toys that were eventually to become Tigger, Kanga, Winnie, Eeyore, and Piglet. Roo has been lost and the characters of Owl and Rabbit were created by Milne and the Disney Studios added another when they gained control of the stories. They currently reside at the New York Public Library.
Much has been written about the origins of Winnie-the-Pooh and his friends – how he got his name, the…
View original post 1,023 more words